Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 Professional Inkjet Printer, a 17-inch, large format solution packed with significant technological advancements, such as a new print head, new ink set and a new image processing engine, resulting in stunning image quality designed for photographers who are “equally obsessed” with the printed image.
This feature-rich professional printer complements Canon’s professional line of DSLR cameras and lenses for an ideal pairing that can produce high-detail, high-quality images when printed on a variety of media, creating images that look as accurate printed as when they were captured.
New Print Head
Improving upon the specifications of the Canon PIXMA PRO-1 printer, the imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 printer features a 50 percent larger print head, which also expands the total number of nozzles to 18,432 for each of the 12 channels. The increased size of the print head helps produce faster print speeds while still maintaining high-resolution prints. This new print head design utilizes a sophisticated real-time ink ejection system which helps to maintain a consistent print head temperature allowing for consistent ink droplets to help limit clogs and reduce cleaning cycles and wasted ink. The new print head helps to further reduce the amount of wasted ink through anti-clogging technologies where ink ejection conditions are precisely checked with sensors, and if a clog is detected, another nozzle automatically provides backup.
The new LUCIA PRO 11-color plus Chroma Optimizer ink system was designed specifically to meet the demands of the most critical photographer. An optimized resin-coating of each pigment allows for denser droplets to be applied to the media, resulting in an increased color gamut of up to 19 percent over the PIXMA PRO-1 printer. This dense ink-configuration also brings gloss uniformity for viewing conditions and image clarity that helps achieve anti-bronzing. The LUCIA PRO ink system also introduces an improved level of black density not only achieving deep, rich blacks but also helping to bring out incredibly fine shadow detail in the darker areas, creating works of art on fine art media.
The imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 printer is designed to work seamlessly when changing media types, Photo Black and Matte Black inks have their own dedicated nozzles so no switching is necessary. Users can print on glossy media then fine art media with no worries, no changes, and no waste. The new ink system includes matte black, photo black, gray, photo gray, red, blue, magenta, photo magenta, cyan, photo cyan, yellow and Chroma Optimizer. The size of the ink tanks is 80ml per tank, allowing for less frequent refills and reduced cost per print.
New Processing Engine & Printer Architecture
Demonstrating a rich understanding of optimum balance stemming from its expertise in camera technology, Canon offers precise placement of ink droplets ideal for vivid print results. The new processing engine, L-COA PRO, controls the balance of inks and the precise placement of ink droplets, carefully calculating best results for each print mode and media using various factors including color reproduction, tonal gradations, black density, graininess, glossiness, anti-bronzing and elimination of metamerism, all of which contribute to creating an amazing printed image.
L-COA PRO, combined with an internal 1GB of memory, enables high-speed processing of massive volumes of image data for demanding workflows. To bring further accuracy to ink ejection and limitation of color unevenness, the imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 printer offers a two-way vacuum paper feeder, which keeps media flat and even, helping with accuracy of ink ejection. The imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 printer also has a built-in calibration function to help prevent variability of color output by aging changes or printer differences. This feature allows for a consistency in colors from PRO-1000 to PRO-1000 of under a Delta E of 2. Reliability and quality are further maintained by the enhanced rigidity in the printer chassis allowing for even more improved dot placement, helping to produce sharper prints, including stunning borderless images.
Enhancing the user experience with imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 printer is the intuitive software solution of Print Studio Pro v 2.0. With a focus on quality and ease of use, Print Studio Pro is a plugin for Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom and Canon Digital Photo Professional software that easily exports files directly to the printer. With 16-bit processing capabilities, fine details are dramatically improved, gradations are smooth and a highly accurate reproduction of the original captured image can be reproduced. Also set to be included is the Media Configuration Tool (MCT), enabling customization of the media in both the driver and printer. Additionally, MCT can make adjustments such as print head height and vacuum strength for each media, offering the flexibility needed in order to help achieve optimal quality across a broad range of media options.
Accounting Manager is included for those looking to keep track of consumable costs such as ink and media, allowing users to manually enter in their costs in order to help determine their overall printing expenses. Whether it is an individual printing in their studio or an administrator looking to centrally manage a number of users in a multi-unit networked environment, this tool can help you keep track of printing expenses.
Device Management Console is an administrative tool which provides users with the means to manage multiple PRO-1000 printers by helping users monitor activity such as error messages and printer information such as the execution status of calibration.
Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 Features
- ANTI-CLOGGING TECHNOLOGY: The FINE print head institutes a tubular ink delivery system. This generates faster print speeds and reduces the possibility of clogging. Additionally, ink ejection conditions are precisely checked with sensors, and if a clog is detected, another nozzle automatically provides backup.
- SMARTER NOZZLES: Engineered with 18,432 nozzles and sensors that continuously monitor status and deliver optimum results.
- AIR FEEDING SYSTEM: The Canon Air Feeding System prevents each page from skewing for accurate ink placement, regardless of paper type. A series of openings located on top of the platen vacuum-grip the paper as it feeds through the printer. The Air Feeding system creates a printing environment that keeps a height between the print head and the media
- SKEW CORRECTION: Skew Correction function guarantees that all types of paper, including thick fine art type papers, can be fed without the need for reprints.
- The LUCIA PRO 11-COLOR PLUS CHROMA OPTIMIZER INK SYSTEM: Denser droplet placement provides a broader color gamut and improved gloss uniformity for superb glossiness and anti-bronzing. Incredibly accurate color reproduction, outstanding image clarity, and enhanced detail in darker areas distinguish each print.
- 11-INK SYSTEM PLUS CHROMA OPTIMIZER: Utilizing new pigment ink with modified compositions and new colors, LUCIA PRO INKS have enabled a broader color gamut and greater shadow detail reproduction in dark areas.
- LUCIA PRO INKS: Increased density of ink on the paper improves color gamut. – Even light reflection contributes to improved glossiness and image clarity. – Contributes to anti-bronzing on glossy paper.
- FAST PHOTO PRINTING: At the heart of the imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 is a 1.28″ wide print head. Expanding the printing area by 50% with each movement of the print head, print speeds are drastically improved. This increases your productivity through efficient high-speed printing.
- L-COA PRO: This high-precision control engine performs the high-speed processing of massive volumes of image data, generates the printing data, and controls the optimal ink layout for the purpose of achieving high resolution prints. It represents the brain of the imagePROGRAF Pro-1000.